Friday, November 18, 2011

Our 200th Post

Today we celebrate the 200th post since this blog began in July 2010.

I stand today even more in awe and wonder of our Creator-God than when I first logged on to share my thoughts with an unseen audience around the world.

Every day since I began, the hydrologic cycle has performed flawlessly, and water has continued to flow over the crest of Niagara like a never-failing stream - not because of my blog, admittedly, but in illustration of God’s unfailing love, infinite wisdom and astounding beauty that I have attempted to portray in each unique post.


My blog-counter tells me that 29,000 people have visited the site as well as many who get the post by e-mail three times a week. Even more heartening is to see people from all over the world dropping by: The 4th to 8th ranked audiences live in India, Russia, Australia, Philippines and Turkey.

The six most frequently viewed posts have been:
Into Thin Air . . .
Signature Written in Water . . .
Taking the Plunge . . .
Tears of Joy . . .
Serenity . . . and . . .
Thirst-Quencher.

Most of the reflections in this blog explore the interface/overlap between the natural world of water and observations about water in the Bible.

I am hopeful that my book on this subject will be published by the spring. Have no doubt, this blog will carry the news the moment it is available.

In the meantime I hope to continue to stretch myself and stimulate you by sharing insights about this most marvelous and vital gift from God, water, the elixir of life - and the Living Water that Jesus says will gush from within us when we embrace Him with all our hearts.

I would love to hear from you what you enjoy most about this blog, or what you would want to hear more about.

Sincerely,
David Knight

4 comments:

  1. That's my brother!
    Well done & congratulations David.
    You state that you "stand today even more in awe & wonder of our Creator God". I don't think its hyperbole for me to state that we your readers stand with you today even more in awe of not just our Creator God, but also the intrinsic role that water plays in our daily lives; and this because of your writing.

    Thank-you for your dedication to the writing (for once again being a personal positive example to your "baby brother") and your insights.

    Dan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Dan. Your check is in the mail.

    ReplyDelete
  3. David,

    Simply amazing! I remember sitting down with you as you thought about a design for the blog. What a great journey!

    Congratulations on 200 posts. Your discipline to stay with this is inspiring!

    Thanks David,
    James

    ReplyDelete
  4. James, young man. Take a bow - you mentored me well!

    ReplyDelete